Need some inspiration to get more practice time in? Check out some of the articles below:
1. Paralyzed by Perfection – Advice for finding the balance between “perfect” and “good enough” because neither is the right answer.
2. Putting in the Time – Why you should make more time for practice.
3. 8 Ways to Improve without a Music Teacher – A collection of tips for when you are working at your instrument on your own.
4. 15 Tips for Overcoming Your Music Plateau – We all hit plateaus as we seek to improve at our craft(s). Here are a few tips for how to get through them.
5. Work Hard, Play Hard – Why talent isn’t enough to succeed in music.
6. 8 Practice Tips – A few things I learned during my Project 365.
7. Balancing the Business and Creative Aspects of Music – How long should I practice and how long should I devote to music marketing? We attempt to tackle the two most important aspects of any music career in this article.
8. 4 Ways to Find Time to Practice – Need to find more time to practice? Here are a few of our suggestions.
9. 10 Ways to Become a Better Musician – A fun print out for your practice wall.
10. 10 Tips for How to Practice Even When You Don’t Want to – A must read for when you don’t feel like practicing.
11. Practice and Practical Application – a guest post from Teen Jazz Artist Sean Winter.
12. Is It Talent or Hard Work? – Does hard work always trump talent?
13. How to Get the Most Out of Your Music Lessons – Teachers can give you the tools to succeed, but it’s up to you to use them.