*New Announcement 8/26/14* We just received several great prizes from D’Addario Woodwinds to include as part of our giveaway! Including 2 Rico neck straps, reeds, a reed case, a reed protector, shirt and more!
FAQs about the Find the Secret Saxophone Giveaway:
1. The Saxophone will be posted live each day (Monday – Friday). We’re taking weekends off. You have 24 hours to find the hidden saxophone and it’s corresponding code and then enter it at teen jazz.com/anniversary.
2. The clues are posted on Facebook at 10 am PT; 1 pm ET. The clues are dated by Facebook and are good for the time period defined above.
3. Clues are also available via the contest giveaway page https://teenjazz.com/anniversary
4. If you can’t figure out the clue, read through the comments on Facebook or the giveaway page. You never know if someone may post further clues or even the link to the saxophone and it’s code!
5. The Saxophone will always be located on a TeenJazz.com page. The clue is a hint as to which page it’s located on. You can figure out the clue and use the Teen Jazz search box to navigate to the page (or scroll through the results to find the code).
6. The Saxophone will be located just under the title of the page that says “Congrats! You found the Secret Saxophone!” beside it. If it doesn’t say that, it’s not the Saxophone you’re looking for.
7. If you can’t see the Saxophone, you’re not on the right Teen Jazz page. Or you may need to clear the cached version of the page.
8.The entries (aka points) are earned once you copy the code and enter it on the giveaway page. You don’t need to be first to find the Saxophone to earn entries, but you do have to enter the code on the giveaway page or it won’t count.
9. Upon entering the code, you will get up to one entry per day into the giveaway for finding the Saxophone. We’ll also give you additional entries for things like sharing the contest on Twitter, following Teen Jazz, or subscribing to our newsletter.
10. If you receive a page load error, there may be an issue with your browser settings or internet connection. Search your browser’s help section to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Or try a different browser.
11. This is intended to be a fun way to win Points. There’s no requirement to participate. If you don’t enjoy it, Teen Jazz has included other ways to earn points in the giveaway without having to participate in the scavenger hunt. However, if you opt not to participate in the “Secret Saxophone” hunt, you will not be able to earn as many entries.
17. Winners are selected randomly by Rafflecopter’s software.
18. If you’re one of the winners at the close of the contest, we will send you an email. You must respond to the email so we know where to send your prize. If you do not respond within 72 hours, we will select another winner.
19. The contest is only open to those in the continental US due to the expense of shipping outside of the US. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For more info on this promotion, please read the Official Rules:
VOID OUTSIDE THE 48 CONTINENTAL US STATES (THIS EXCLUDES HAWAII AND ALASKA) AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY.
1. TeenJazz.com – California, USA (“Sponsor”). Although the Teen Jazz Secret Saxophone Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is being communicated through a Facebook interface, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Failure to provide all Registration Information will result in an invalid giveaway registration. Each Teen Jazz member is responsible for keeping his/her Registration Information current and up to date. If a participant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information.
If a member uses more than one (1) email address or submits incomplete Registration Information or profile information, he/she will be disqualified. Once an email address has been registered by a member/participant, that email address cannot be used by any other member/person for the Promotion (or to register at Web Site). Only the account holder registered under a particular email address may participate in the Promotion. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Promotion and Pacific Daylight Time shall control for all purposes of this Promotion.
Once member registration is complete, Teen Jazz members may enter this Promotion in accordance with the rules set forth below. This Promotion consists of a sweepstakes/giveaway (the “Giveaway”).
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to permanent legal residents of the 48 continental United States and Washington, D.C. (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions) and Canada who are physically located and residing therein and who warrant and represent that they meet all of the following requirements as of the time of their participation in the Promotion: (a) they are 18 years of age or older (unless applying with a guardian); (b) they have Internet access; (c) they have carefully read and reviewed prior to agreeing to, and agreed to as instructed, these Official Rules.
Employees of Sponsor and those involved in the production, design, development, implementation or handling of the Promotion, and their advertising or promotion agencies, parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, affiliates, licensees, prize suppliers, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Promotion (collectively “Promotion Entities”), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
4. How to Play: Each day during the Promotion Period, members can search the Web Site for the hidden Secret Saxophones and their corresponding codes. The Teen Jazz Facebook fan page will post clues as to the location of that day’s Game icon at approximately 10:00 a.m. PDT daily during the Promotion Period.
Clues will also be available via the Teen Jazz promotion page daily during the Promotion Period. Once you locate the Game icon on the Web Site, select and copy the code, then visit teenjazz.com/anniversary to enter it into the Rafflecopter widget. Participant’s full compliance with these Official Rules and any additional action that may be required as described below (“Game Play”).
Limit one (1) Game Play (resulting in a winning or non-winning game play) per person/member/email address/member registration per day during the Promotion Period.
Entries are limited to one (1) per person/member/email address/member registration per day during the Promotion Period, for a maximum of twenty-nine (29) Entries during the Promotion Period. Participants may only participate in the Promotion online. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the stated number of Game Plays and/or Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, member registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that participant’s Game Plays and/or Entries and that participant may be disqualified. Opting in to specific offers, additional purchases and/or the accumulation of reward points does not improve one’s chances of winning. Proof of submitting or receipt of a Game Play and/or Entry of any kind will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt by Sponsor. Game Plays and/or Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempted form of participation in the Promotion other than as described herein is void.
5. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Game winners are selected at random based on a set of specified probabilities. The algorithm is provided by the Rafflecopter widget Subject to the requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Ten (10) potential Sweepstakes winners will be randomly computer-generated selected from all eligible Entries received
during the Promotion Period (each a “Potential Winner”). Potential Winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor on or about September 10, 2014 (“Drawing Date”) from among all eligible Entries received. Subject to the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, ten (10) Sweepstakes winners will each receive prizes from the selection available from our sponsors based on the order they are selected. Prizes currently include three (3) BG France starter kits with a Duo Ligature, Neckstrap, and other accessories; three (3) digital copies of Shannon Kennedy’s latest album; three (3) digital copies of The Album Checklist; one (1) wood reed case from Kenkase Music; one (1) playalong Kenny G CD; one (1) BG Sax Harness.
Odds of winning depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
6. Notification of Sweepstakes Winners: Potential Winners (or, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be notified by email (using the email address in the Registration Information) within one (1) week of the Drawing Date. Teen Jazz members are solely responsible for updating Registration Information for his/her member account. Each Potential Winner (if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her parent or legal/guardian) will have three (3) business days from the date of the notification email to respond. If a Potential Winner does not respond to the email notification within this time frame, he/she may be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected from among the other Entries at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes Prize notification cannot be delivered or is returned as undeliverable, the Potential Winner forfeits the Sweepstakes Prize.
In the event that the Potential Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable Sweepstakes Prize to an alternate Potential Winner selected from among the other Entries at its sole discretion.
7.General Conditions and Disclaimers: The Promotion is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws (collectively “Rules and Laws”). By participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Promotion and to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects.
In the case of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deem the winner to be the owner of the member account profile corresponding to the winner’s Game Play(s) and/or Entries.
By accepting a Prize, each winner (his/her parent/legal guardian if the winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) attests to the provisions stated in these Official Rules and compliance with these Official Rules. The Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for multiple Game Plays and/or Entries in excess of the stated limit, Game Plays and/or Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human method) or that are mechanically duplicated, late, destroyed, incomplete, lost, misdirected, forged, damaged, tampered with, or Game Plays and/or Entries that are otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules (whether due to the fault of the participant, Sponsor or any other Promotion Entity), and all such Game Plays and/or Entries will be disqualified. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the Game and/or Sweepstakes, operation of the Promotion or Website, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion without notice and to select the winners from all eligible Game Plays and/or Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any Game Play and/or Entry on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion.
Any person attempting to defraud Sponsor or tamper with the Game and/or Sweepstakes in any way will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law and will not be eligible for a Prize. Each participant (his/her parental/legal guardian if entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from use of any Game Plays and/or Entries or participation in the Promotion. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes the winner’s permission for the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, photograph,image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statement and complete address for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and releases the Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use thereof.
8. Release From Liability of Promotion Entities: By participating, participants agree that Promotion Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with the Promotion (including, but not limited to, misprinted or typographical errors on the Promotion materials), including participation in the Game and Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse, and/or defect of the Prize(s), even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor and/or Promotion Entities. Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, including without limitation the Sponsor, and each of them from and against any and all liability, damages, costs, attorneys fees, etc. incurred with regard to any claim by any person(s) in connection with any and all of the rights and benefits conferred by the participant upon the Promotion Entities in these Official Rules. Participants also agree that the Promotion
Entities shall not be responsible for unauthorized intervention, online traffic/congestion, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, interruption or inability to access or utilize the assets/tools designated for this Promotion for any reason , or any combination thereof.
Participants further agree that the Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to the participant’s or third party’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Promotion.
Promotion Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sponsor or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (b) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (c) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Participants hereby acknowledge that Promotion Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or the Prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Should any term of these Official Rules be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring these Official Rules within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if they had not included the severed term herein
10. Rules/Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the names of the Sweepstakes winners, send an email to through our contact form. All requests must be received by August 30, 2014.
© 2014, TeenJazz.com. All rights reserved